If yahoo does end up buying tumblr and shuts it down
I just wanted everyone to know that
you’ve all been truly wonderful people
it was an honor blogging with you all
Why would they buy something for a billion dollars and then shut it down? Unless you mean like in the far future… like Yahoo! did to Geocities…
Wow I can’t believe Kaiba Corporation just bought Tumblr
A quiet reminder to my friends on Tumblr, that Tumblr is a company and needs revenue to thrive.
An even quieter reminder that we should trust the staff. They haven’t always listened, but they have tried, and with the grace of god, they will guide us straight and true.
…. double fuck
No shit? Did you know Missing E wasn’t made by Tumblr either?
WHEN IS MISSING E COMING BACK
how are hipster posts bad?
what is bad about a picture of a cute pair of shoes or starbucks or a fucking poem. i dont get it. how are you superior to someone because you like shows on BBC
Finally, there’s a way for Tumblr users to communicate in real-time. Babblr hopes to increase Tumblr’s functionality by providing a simple chat service.
PLEASE ADD YOURSELF TO THIS LIST, IT’LL BE FREE UNTIL MAY 7TH AND WE CAN FINALLY CHAT.
i think the weirdest thing about tumblr is how you can follow someone for a long time and learn their whole life story right down to their little quirks and in your head they’re almost like friends but to them you can be like just one notification on their dash every now and then and that’s it
wanna hear a joke?
tumblr’s video player.
i really enjoy the way everyone has distinctive keysmashes
like some people favor the home row fjkdslfjlka
some people go all around the keyboard like khcxzrmwe
other people go with one letter hhhhhhhhhhhh or ffffffffffffffff which are two very different emotions
other people start out with words and then it just disentigrates into fuck fuck fufcjkckfuckckckckcfifcj
other people like throw in asteriks and exclamation points and shit and get fancy with it
that moment of terror when you call your tumblr friend by their real name and then frantically go to their blog to make sure it was the right one
- 10: When you first log on, you aren't going to have a fucking clue what's going on. It's okay, one day, it will all click.
- 9: You probably will never be "Tumblr Famous". And that's okay. You'll probably get more out of Tumblr anyway. Be thankful for every one you have. Throw a GIF party when you reach 25. Don't worry about those who have 5000+
- 8: You may get Anon hate (you may not). Don't worry about it. Someone is insecure about themselves and they are hiding behind a grey face to do so. Be confident in yourself.
- 7: Let your blog be yours. Don't change it to get followers, or to make other's happy. Reblog porn, or post your face, or make sad text posts. Do it. Everyone does. (tag your trigger warnings though)
- 6: Tumblr is going to go down, and everyone will run to Twitter and complain. Don't be surprised. And you will probably just sit there, refreshing until it comes back. It's a fact of life.
- 5: Sarcasm is pretty much Tumblr's official language. Embrace it. Before you know it, you'll be speaking it too. (this can get you in trouble IRL)
- 4: If you have a problem with different people (i.e. People of a different race, gay people, transgender people) you might as well get off now. Or change your mind. But we don't put up with that shit.
- 3: Don't be afraid to make friends. Comment. Be annoying. Go into Tinychat rooms not meant for you. You will make friends. It may take a while. It's worth it.
- 2: These friends will stop being friends and start being a family. You'll text them when you're offline, and you'll have inside jokes. You are going to rely on these people. It's scary, but they need you too.
- 1: Your friends are going to have bad days. You are going to pull your hair out because you can't hug them, or give them ice cream. It's going to drive your crazy, but despite it all, you will somehow put how much they mean to you in words. It's going to be hard. And you're going to have these days too. But they're going to be there for you.